Friday, 16 December 2011
Tuesday, 13 December 2011
Monday, 12 December 2011
Wednesday, 30 November 2011
Friday, 25 November 2011
Myself and the team put together a couple of videos for the Hydrographic Academy 'Learning Zone' Offline interface. These were a couple of welcome messages for the students. Why? This course will be predominately offline digital learning content, students are not likely to meet their tutors! It's rather important to enhance the overall learning experience that students actually know what their trainers look like.
This tutorial from YouTube is particularly good at showing how to use Audition to clean up noise in Premiere Pro CS5.5:
Wednesday, 23 November 2011
Planning Your Video Production - Location planning from JISC Digital Media on Vimeo.
I attended a short but informative session today hosted by JISC Digital Media. It was all about making better videos. I make videos myself and advise academic staff on how best to create their own 'vodcasts'. However, its one of those areas that everyone needs to keep up to date, with its changing trends and approaches to what constitutes good practice. Granted the main principles stay the same...
Monday, 31 October 2011
Tuesday, 25 October 2011
Monday, 24 October 2011
Tuesday, 18 October 2011
Friday, 14 October 2011
CampusM has now been released at Plymouth University. It's a mobile application for both Android and iPhone. This was very much a collaborative development project with input from numerous staff across the University. Searching 'Plymouth Uni' within the Android Market is all that is needed! The application is ~1.7Mb installed, so not likely to cause too much of a dent in on board memory.
Wednesday, 12 October 2011
- Go to the Twitter resource to create a widget (you need a Twitter account).
- Right click and copy the URL of this uploaded text file (probably best to ensure this file is ‘read only’ for students! Or hidden).
- Select ‘edit page’ for SharePoint (top left - activated for editing in this example)
- Select any ‘Add a Web part’ area (probably right is best? its personal preference)
- Find and add the web part ‘Content Editor’.
- Select 'edit web part' then paste the URL link for the txt file from the documents area to the ‘Content Link’ area of the web part (shown top right).
- Apply and ok.
- It now appears in SharePoint as an active Twitter widget/feed.
Friday, 7 October 2011
Hydrographic Surveying - 7th October 2011, a set on Flickr.
Where did we go?
View Hydrographic Surveying - 7th Oct 2011 Plymouth Sound in a larger map
Tuesday, 4 October 2011
Hydrographic Surveying - 4th October 2011, a set on Flickr.
I went down to Plymouth Hoe today with Dr Victor Abbott to take some photographs of his students (Plymouth University) learning land survey techniques. These photos will be used in both the Hydrographic Academy and Dr Abbott's teaching. It was quite clear that all involved were enjoying the experience. Thank you to Dr Abbott and students for allowing me to capture the day.
Where did we go?
This is a rough route, the Garmin GPS was inside a backpack throughout the day!
View Students on Plymouth Hoe in a larger map