- Update your Google Map to the latest version.
- Open 'Maps' on your android device > press Menu > More > Labs (Labs are test area for applications Google are experimenting with) > Download map area
- Once active simply click and hold in a central point of your chosen location
- Open the icon that appears and select the bottom option 'Download map area'
- It will show it is downloading and then a black square border will appear showing the area that is saved to your device. It should still show your map with both data and Wifi turned off!
Saturday, 9 July 2011
Friday, 8 July 2011
Thursday, 7 July 2011
VC Conference 2011, a set on Flickr.
Following on from the TEL showcase day, was the VC's conference, this was again a display of what Plymouth University had to offer in respect to Teaching and Learning, of course there was a little TEL thrown into the mix. This was very much reflected in the Teaching Fellowships awarded and prevalent in the many sessions sharing and discussing Open Educational Resources. These are just a few photographs that capture the day.
Wednesday, 6 July 2011
TEL Showcase 2011, a set on Flickr.
The technology enhanced learning team again ran another successful show and 'TEL' (as Dr Neil Witt puts it) of all the exciting things being done using technology to enhance learning. Practitioners and developers alike all showed there wares, with 3 paralleled sessions with workshops running throughout the day. Plymouth is certainly becoming a very creative hotspot for TEL development.